Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mission Possible...

Posted by Unknown at Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Hi Everyone!
After reading several books, researching, and networking I finally have my steps down (I think). First off what is my purpose and mission. Right now I am having challenges in completing my mission statement. I have had several drafts of mission statements over the years (Side note: this has been 5 years in the making  for an opportunity allow me to get to this point).  However after meeting with a non profit attorney, whom I have had the opportunity to intern with a few years back; has given me some guidance and suggestions. It turns out my mission statement(s) may not work for the 501C 3 status I am aiming for.
I guess I should start from the beginning. My goal is to be able to operate a non profit animal rescue down the line that aides in the rescue of high kill shelters, pounds, etc. Currently I am working on building a non profit that will benefit animal rescues, by way of resources and eventually build into an animal rescue. In a nutshell the idea is to have vending machines to collect resources for animal rescues.  This idea also allows me time for other things in life; family, work, and time to obtain space, resources and efforts to build a rescue shelter.  However the idea becomes too much like a foundation (more stringent paper work and more difficult to get started from what I have researched).  In order to steer away from a foundation I have to coordinate a service with it. I have brainstormed buying resources with the funds (no go)and offering the funds to go to a direct service. However with research and guidance this will not work either.   My brainstorms continue with several other ideas, but I want to stay on the track of what my ultimate goal is-a rescue down the line. Brainstorms to be continued... 

On another note, IF I had to choose a favorite breed, it would be the Pit bull due to such great misunderstandings and misconceptions they endure. All in all they are just sweet babies!!!! :) Here are two of my babies, Leche and Jasmine awwww....but I LOVE ALL dogs!   :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dogs of a Good Society Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos