Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What you may not find in the books....

Posted by Unknown at Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Hi All,
Hope you all had a great holiday weekend with your furry friends.  This is what we did over the holiday weekend with our babies, lots of walking :)  They always have to be side by side or else they tend to be 'crazy' walkers.  For those who have 'peas in a pod' doggies you know what I mean.  Jasmine and Leche are inseparable.

I just wanted to check in with all of you regarding D.O.G.S  It is well on it's way just so much to think about and do, which is a given, however still can be discouraging, frustrating, exciting, scary, nerve wracking, all in one.  Over the weekend I was able to go over some more details of what exactly may be needed for D.O.G.S from forms, application forms, to job descriptions and duties, to public relations, to what other locations could I expand the gumball machines to be located, what are my current capital funds, all this for starters.  The list goes on and on.  Sure the books tell you the main points but leave out lots of details that one would have to pick up along the way, talk to others, research about, or just plain brainstorm about.  It can be overwhelming.  I started a check list awhile back and it has been growing constantly of what needs to be done.  Slowly however surely I am working my way down the list as well *whew*.  All these ideas, questions all in my mind at once since day one, but now it seems so REAL and daunting at the same time.  Because now I am ACTUALLY doing it and it gets more and more exciting and more and more scary.   My mind is all over, it's like nascar or the lottery bowl in my head.  I am realistic, but boy am I also a dreamer.  I know I can make $25 for D.O.G.S to the possibility of $25,000 one day.   I am ready for either, I will be ready for either.   There is no end to my hope.  One thing has changed is my purpose.  My mission is to be a resource for rescues and I would like to cultivate that into whatever that may be, whether a rescue or whatever.  The possibilities are endless.  The impact of supplies, financial aide, policy changes, advocacy and creating awareness, D.O.G.S. can be involved in so much.  In the end I want to be a resource for rescues period.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dogs of a Good Society Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos