Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What's Your Motivation?

Posted by Unknown at Wednesday, June 04, 2014
Hello everyone! :)

Sorry we missed you last week!

I wanted to try and stay true to my blogging mission about the process of building a non profit; (Hope. Learn. Connect. Inspire.) and blog about Dogs Of A Good Society's process today.  This blog today is about the organization as a whole and not intended for anything else.  I often find myself asking, what's my motivation?  What is my motivation in running D.O.G.S.; well to help animals of course!  That is what immediately pops in my mind, however it gets me thinking I can help animals by volunteering, donating, or anything else; what is my motivation to help animals by changing the course of my career, my life, lifestyle and so forth to start D.O.G.S.? Quite simply put-it's my mission, my calling, my heart and passion.....It's Leche and Jasmine....I want to do more....  It's my whole life or as close to it as possible.  Then I ask myself what's the motivation for the organization to run?  It's the makeup of a great board, amazing volunteers, motivated by passion and compassion (it could be you), generous donors, funds, ideas, missions, visions....

People ask me how do I measure success?  That's easy answer for me, success for D.O.G.S. for me is that I pursued the dream to my heart's content and TRIED.  TRYING IS my measurement for success.

On the other hand, one of the greatest fears for me of running D.O.G.S. is failure.  How do I measure failure?  I can't expect success without failing and to try again.  "If it was that easy everyone would be doing it and wouldn't get burnt out in a few years"  This is words of wisdom from my husband when we were just chatting about life, pursing dreams, starting your own business.  It's true, if it were that easy-if only.  Admittedly, there are some days where I don't feel AS motivated as other days.  D.O.G.S. may get lost in the mix of a busy life, a FT job, exhaustion, life and family, but it's ALWAYS with me.  I don't ever want to lose sight of why I came to this point and what my motivators are.  What I worked so hard for-to witness a dream come true.

Another question is when you are running an organization, you have to lead; how do you lead?  You lead with motivation.  To be a good leader you must motivate and inspire, a wise person once told me.  Everyone has different driving factors on joining in your cause and together your "drivers" hopefully will come together, if you are fortunate enough.  And of course if you are able to master and work on your leadership skills.  Something I am most definitely working on and learning from every day from D.O.G.S.  It's the unexpected greatness that comes from starting your own non profit business, you LEARN so much, it's fantastic!  Whoever said anything worth doing would be easy right?  If you are dreaming of, thinking of starting, have started, in the middle of, or wherever you are in your own path keep in mind; it's tough, it will get tougher, but it's worth it.  Stay TRUE, stay MINDFUL, have faith and most of all don't lose sight of WHAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION.








Remember.......



Until next time,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dogs of a Good Society Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos