Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart...

Posted by Unknown at Wednesday, March 04, 2015
Good morning everyone! :)

Do any of you remember that song?  Don't break my heart my achy breaky heart, I don't think it'll understand....da da da da daaaa  ??  Well I'm a country music listener myself and love country music!  That song popped in my head this week when I was talking to someone who called D.O.G.S. about surrendering their dogs.  The owner was crying and my heart hurt for her as well.  Recently D.O.G.S. has been getting emails and calls more and more.  Which is great, our team that works on marketing us is doing their job.  We are grateful to have people help us navigate our Google 'perks' like Google adwords.  If you are starting your non profit, you should check it out!  Google offers a variety of support for non profits!


Anyway, it's tough to receive calls and emails like those and I suppose it is the nature of the beast when working with a non profit that helps animals.  People may not read our mission or fully understand what we do.  They may see animals, help, rescues and call or email.  We help them as best we can and offer resources and support.  All the while listening to the sad stories is difficult.  Sometimes going through my Facebook feed or just having an email is difficult.  The sad stories, pictures, tragedies can be overwhelming at times.  One way I keep on trucking is reminding myself THIS is why I want to continue to work on D.O.G.S. for all those sad stories to go away.  Eventually.  Decrease them.  Cease them.  It may seem naive, some may say how nonsense of her to think that way, but that's a way I know how to cope/manage with all of it in a healthy way.  

If you would like to share how your organization or yourself manages situations like this.  I would love to hear it.  Please comment below or shoot me an email.  Let's connect!  Strength in numbers, the power of positive thinkers.  :)


Until next time,




Join the Pack and be a Pack Leader and help us help ANIMALS in need!

www.dogsofagoodsociety.org
dogsofagoodsociety@gmail.com
Twitter @ D_O_G_S_MN
Insta dogsmn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dogs of a Good Society Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos