Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Are you going to eat that?

Posted by Unknown at Wednesday, February 04, 2015
Greetings fellow animal friends! :)

This week's post I decided to blog about my somewhat, but not quite borderline 'hoarding' of anything I can use for Dogs Of A Good Society.  As some of you may know, I am not much of a collector of things I don't need (i.e. clothes, boxes, knick knacks, etc).  I absolutely love cleaning and organizing, getting rid of 'junk' so to speak.  With that said I do collect: old/new t shirts (for DIY dog toys), boxes, Starbucks coffee bottles (for event decor), mason jars (events), notebooks, paper, recycled paper, pens, pencils, folders, candle jars (events), shopping bags (storage, etc), hangers from the dry cleaners (for D.O.G.S. clothing closet), seasonal clearance items (event decor/supplies), frames, and so much more!  Random items I collect all for D.O.G.S.  I find myself frequently thinking, what could I use this for D.O.G.S., or this or that.  

"Hey don't throw that away, you never know when I could use it for D.O.G.S.!"  Lucky for me, my family is pretty supportive of my 'keeping of things'.

Being a start up non profit, I don't want to waste any resource; waste not, want not.  Almost anything could be a resource.  Heck, I recycled an old table a neighbor was throwing out for the D.O.G.S.'s office.  And for those of you who know me fairly well, that's almost unheard of.  I am quite a germ-a-phobe, got some snippets of OCD cleanliness in me.  However, I figured a good scrubbing and disinfectant and va la!  An office desk so I can work diligently and efficiently in the D.O.G.S.'s office.

I suppose you have to keep everything and anything, reuse, recycle, and all that to save a little here and there.  All to be able to spend more on helping animals.  It's OK to do that, it's OK to want to spend it where it counts.  I'm learning it's OK to change some of my habits, way of thinking, what have you to really focus on what's really important.  The BIG picture. Pinch a little here, save a little here, keep a little of this, get a little of that, to help.  Help a furbaby that will make my heart and face smile for days on end.



A glimpse of some of the items I collect






all for these cuties...




Join the Pack and be a Pack Leader and help us help ANIMALS in need!

www.dogsofagoodsociety.org
dogsofagoodsociety@gmail.com
Twitter @ D_O_G_S_MN
Insta dogsmn





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dogs of a Good Society Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos